Saturday 12 September 2009

I have always looked at what design is printed onto the CD's themselves and have found a collection that interest me from over the years. That's the unfortunate thing about digitally downloading everything, that you don't actually get it to admire or collect anymore. These two Stereophonics albums interest me due to how different they are but their need for colour and pattern to stand out are the same.










Others are designed with an image in mind that represents the band or what the album's about perhaps. Either way, the need for their brand name or any form of text is not vital. Obviously, it will be on the CD cover somewhere, but I chose to look at the discs themselves to research into various other materials that designs are printed on.































However, my favourite are the ones that solely use typography to design their CD. The Fratellis is such a lovely 'F' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment