Saturday 12 September 2009

Books, books, books.

I bought these books for my holidays but I realised I didn't read the back covers of half of them before I even bought them. Why? Because I bought them solely down to the typeface on the covers. They're specifically directed towards women and I think, as do others I have asked, that the titles have a relaxed, easy-read, feminine, gossipy, holiday feel to them. I chose to include these in my design for print research because I think it's a clever way to promote a book in that genre and draw in your chosen audience. Simply going into Waterstones or WHSmith shows there are hundreds alike and nowadays I find it quite sad that a lot of people are like me and go for a satisfying front cover instead of alphabetically searching for their favourite author. However, clearly it works as I can't help but love all the stories as well as the typefaces!



No comments:

Post a Comment